(WHM >> Home >> Service Configuration >> Apache Configuration)
This interface allows you to select Apache log files for the
cpanellogd daemon to compress and archive. At the end of each month, the
cpanellogd daemon compresses the selected log files into a single file for each type.
The system stores the compressed files in the
/home/username/logs directory, where
username represents the name of the cPanel account.
- If you disable the Archive logs in the user's home directory at the end of each stats run unless configured by the user option in the Stats and Logs section of WHM's Tweak Settings interface (WHM >> Home >> Server Configuration >> Tweak Settings), the system will not store logs in each user's directory.
- The system does not automatically delete the compressed log files. You must manually delete any unnecessary files.
Configure log files
To select the log files that the
cpanellogd daemon will archive at the end of each month, perform the following steps:
- Select the appropriate checkboxes next to the log files that you wish to archive.
- error_log — This log file contains errors that Apache encounters when it tries to process a request.
- access_log — This log file contains all requests that Apache processes.
modsec_debug_log — This log file contains errors that ModSecurity™ encounters when it tries to block a request.
For more information about any additional log files that appear in the interface, read our The cPanel Log Files documentation.