LiteSpeed Web Server is a drop-in replacement for Apache servers. LiteSpeed reads Apache configuration files directly and is compatible with the Apache
mod_security rules. You can purchase a LiteSpeed Web Server license from the cPanel Store within WHM's EasyApache 4 interface (WHM >> Home >> Software >> EasyApache 4).
When you purchase LiteSpeed Web Server through the WHM interface, the following actions occur and immediately replace Apache in your system:
- You receive a LiteSpeed Web Server license.
- The system installs your new LiteSpeed Web Server, configures itself to use and boots the LiteSpeed Web Server.
- LiteSpeed Web Server replaces Apache on ports 80 and 443, which replaces Apache in your system.
To switch between LiteSpeed Web Server and Apache, use the LiteSpeed Web Server plugin (WHM >> Home >> Plugins >> LiteSpeed Plugin). For more information, read LiteSpeed's cPanel plugin documentation.
- LiteSpeed Web Server uses the
lsphpbinary. LiteSpeed Web Server does not use the system's PHP-FPM implementation in WHM's MultiPHP Manager interface (WHM >> Home >> Software >> MultiPHP Manager).
- Hosting providers can disable the LiteSpeed Web Server banner for their licensed servers from Manage2's Update Company Information interface (Manage2 >> Company >> Update Company Information).
To purchase a LiteSpeed Web Server license and install LiteSpeed Web Server on your cPanel & WHM server, perform the following steps:
Initiate the license purchase process.
On the server for which you wish to purchase a LiteSpeed Web Server license, perform the following steps:
- Log in to WHM as the
rootuser or as a reseller account with
- Navigate to WHM's EasyApache 4 interface (WHM >> Home >> Software >> EasyApache 4). The LiteSpeed Web Server banner will appear at the top of the interface.
The interface will display a license offer appropriate for your server's hardware:
- LiteSpeed Web Server - VPS License — For VPS (Virtual Private Server) servers that contain less than 8GB of RAM.
LiteSpeed Web Server - Dedicated License — For dedicated servers and VPS servers that contain more than 8GB of RAM.
- Click the license offer. A new interface will appear.
- You already own a LiteSpeed Web Server license in the cPanel Store.
- Your server already has LiteSpeed Web Server installed.
- Your hosting provider disabled LiteSpeed Web Server purchases.
Log in to the cPanel Store.
If you have already logged in to your cPanel Store account, the system will request access to this account. Verify that the interface displays the correct cPanel Store username and server name, and then click Allow Access. A new interface will appear.
Verify and complete your purchase.When you purchase a LiteSpeed Web Server license through the WHM interface, you must choose between a VPS or Dedicated license type. Currently, you can only purchase monthly licenses through the WHM interface. The system will automatically detect the IPv4 address to license. Verify your license order, accept the legal agreements, enter or select the desired payment information, and then click Pay Now.
- After the cPanel Store successfully processes your order, a confirmation message will appear, and you will receive an invoice email from the cPanel Store.
- If the cPanel Store experiences problems with your order, an error message will appear. Also, you may receive emails from cPanel Customer Service to help you resolve the issue.
After you complete the purchase, your server will automatically download and install LiteSpeed Web Server. The LiteSpeed Web Server Installation interface will appear. This interface shows the installation's progress.
The interface also displays an administrator username and password. You must record this username and password. The LiteSpeed Web Console in the LiteSpeed Plugin interface requires the username and password to log in.
When the installation completes, click Continue to LiteSpeed Plugin to access the LiteSpeed Plugin interface in WHM (WHM >> Home >> Plugins >> LiteSpeed Plugin).
After you successfully purchase a license, the LiteSpeed Web Server banner will no longer display in WHM's EasyApache 4 interface ( WHM >> Home >> Software >> EasyApache 4).