Guide to Ruby Installations
Valid for versions 82 through the latest version
Last modified: June 22, 2020
Ruby is a popular object-oriented programming language that you can install and integrate with a cPanel & WHM system. For more information about the Ruby programming language, visit the Ruby website.
- If you experience problems when you attempt to install Ruby, update your installation of Yellowdog Updater, Modified (YUM).
- We do not currently support Ruby on Rails installations on CentOS 7, CloudLinux™ 7, or Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® (RHEL) 7.
We deprecated the legacy Ruby codebase in cPanel & WHM version 66. We will not support any applications you create with the following interfaces:
- cPanel’s Ruby on Rails interface (cPanel >> Home >> Software >> Ruby on Rails).
- cPanel’s RubyGems interface (cPanel >> Home >> Software >> RubyGems).
- The Ruby Gem installer feature in WHM’s Module Installers interface (WHM >> Home >> Software >> Module Installers).
To install Ruby and create Ruby web applications in cPanel & WHM version 66 and later, follow the directions in our How to Create Ruby Web Applications documentation.