For cPanel & WHM 11.46
(Home >> Security >> SSL/TLS Manager >> Generate, view, or delete SSL certificate signing requests.)
This feature allows you to generate, view, or delete a certificate signing request (CSR).
Generate a new CSR
You must have or generate a key before you generate a signing request.
To generate a CSR, perform the following steps:
- Under the Generate a New Certificate Signing Request (CSR) heading, select the key from the Key menu.
- When you select a key, the View & Edit option appears. You can click the link to view and edit the information for your private key.
- If the desired key does not appear in the menu, you may use the Generate a new 2,048 bit key option to generate new key. You can also add a new private key to the Private Keys section of the SSL/TLS Manager interface (Home >> Security >> SSL/TLS Manager >> Private Keys (KEY)). See the Private Keys documentation for more information.
- Enter the required information in the text boxes below the Key menu.
- Click Generate.
Your hosting provider may require additional information.
Remove a CSR
To delete a CSR, perform the following steps:
- Under the Certificate Signing Requests on Server heading, click the Delete link in the Actions column next to the host. A new interface will appear.
- Click Delete CSR to confirm. A message of success or failure will appear.
- If you do not wish to delete the CSR, click Cancel.
Edit and view details about a CSR
This feature allows you to view and edit the current description. You can also view the encoded private key and decoded private key.
To edit a description or view a CSR, perform the following steps:
- Under the Certificate Signing Requests on Server heading, click Edit & View in the Actions column next to the host.
- A new interface will appear that displays the description, the encoded CSR, and the decoded CSR. You can copy and paste this information.
- Enter any desired changes in the Description text box.
- Click Update Name. A message of success or failure will appear next to the Description text box.