For cPanel & WHM version 11.50
(Home >> SSL/TLS)
This section of WHM includes several interfaces to help secure your server:
- Generate an SSL Certificate and Signing Request — This interface allows you to generate a certificate signing request (CSR) to use to purchase a certificate from a certificate authority or a self-signed SSL certificate (with a private key and certificate signing request).
- Install an SSL Certificate on a Domain — This interface installs an SSL certificate (with a private key) in the correct directories.
- Manage SSL Hosts — This interface allows you to share SSL certificates and manage certificates by domain and user.
- Purchase and Install an SSL Certificate — This interface allows you to purchase and install a Trustwave® SSL certificate.
- SSL Storage Manager— This interface lists all of the installed keys and certificates on your server.
Different types of users have the following privileges to create an SSL certificate:
- Website owners — A website owner (cPanel user) can only create an SSL certificate on their own domain that is hosted on a dedicated IP address.
- Reseller — A reseller can create an SSL host on any of that reseller's dedicated IP addresses. You cannot dedicate this IP address to an SSL resource.
rootuser, or a reseller with
rootprivileges, can create an SSL certificate on any available IP address on the server. You cannot dedicate this IP address to an SSL resource.
- SSL FAQ and Troubleshooting — This document explains the basic concepts of SSL/TLS and how to solve common installation problems.
- Change Site's IP Address — The Change Site’s IP Address interface allows you to change the IP address of an account. This is useful if, for example, you wish to dedicate a unique IP address to each reseller, or if you wish to host sites that use SSL certificates.