The gather-update-logs Script
Valid for versions 82 through the latest version
Last modified: October 7, 2019
/usr/local/cpanel/scripts/gather-update-logs script gathers your server’s update logs and sends them to cPanel, L.L.C. for analysis. Whenever the
/usr/local/cpanel/scripts/upcp script runs, it creates a tarball file to send. This tarball contains all of the update log data that the system stored since your last update.
/var/cpanel/updatelogsdirectory contains the system’s uncompressed update log files.
/usr/local/cpanel/logs/update_analysisdirectory stores the
.tar.gzfiles that the system will send.
- If you run this script but have not enabled update log gathering, the system won’t have any data to send.
- For more information about these log files, read our The cPanel Log Files documentation.
Run the script
To run this script on the command line, use the following format:
/usr/local/cpanel/scripts/gather-update-logs --upload 2018-11-07T08:15:06Z.tar.gz
Use the following options with this script:
||Whether to send the specified tarball.
||List the existing tarballs on the server.
||Specify an existing tarball to send to cPanel, L.L.C. for analysis. This tarball’s filename must match the following regular expression:
Several settings exist in WHM’s Tweak Settings interface (WHM >> Home >> Server Configuration >> Tweak Settings) to enable, disable, or customize this functionality. We disable these settings by default.
- To set the number of days to retain log files before deletion, use the Update analysis retention interval setting in the Support section.
- To set whether the system sends anonymized data about your server configuration, use the Send error reports to cPanel for analysis setting in the Support section.
- To set whether the system sends anonymized data about how you and your users use cPanel & WHM, use the Send information about server usage to cPanel for analysis setting in the Support section.
- To change the number of days to retain these logs, use the Number of days to retain upcp logs before purging them setting in the Stats and Logs section.