Last modified: January 27, 2020
This interface allows you to select an FTP server daemon, or to disable FTP services.
When you upgrade a server for which the FTP RPM’s target is set to unmanaged, problems may occur in the cPanel user interface. For more information, read our How to Restore Missing FTP Interfaces in cPanel documentation.
How to select an FTP daemon
To select an FTP daemon for your server, perform the following steps:
- In the FTP Server column, select ProFTPD or Pure-FTPd. Select Disabled to disable FTP services.
- Click Save.
Pure-FTPd and ProFTPD
We only support Transport Layer Security (TLS) protocol version 1.2. However, you can use TLSv1.1 or TLSv1.2 to manage your Pure-FTPd server.
The following list offers comparisons between these FTP server daemons:
- Pure-FTPd typically provides faster FTP transfers than ProFTPD.
- Pure-FTPd does not display statistics in the statistics menu.
- Pure-FTPd supports virtual user quotas; ProFTPD does not.
- ProFTPD will display your bandwidth usage, allowing you to monitor the amount of bandwidth that FTP sessions use.