Last modified: January 27, 2020
This interface allows you to select an FTP server daemon, or to disable FTP services.
How to select an FTP daemon
To select an FTP daemon for your server, perform the following steps:
In the FTP Server column, select ProFTPD or Pure-FTPd.
- Select Disabled to disable FTP services.
Pure-FTPd and ProFTPD
We support Transport Layer Security (TLS) protocol version 1.2 and TLS version 1.3.
- We strongly recommend that you enable TLSv1.2 on your server. Some clients don’t support TLSv1.3, which requires OpenSSL 1.1.1 or higher.
- You can use TLSv1.1 or TLSv1.2 to manage your Pure-FTPd server.
The following list offers comparisons between these FTP server daemons:
- Pure-FTPd typically provides faster FTP transfers than ProFTPD.
- Pure-FTPd does not display statistics in the statistics menu.
- Pure-FTPd supports virtual user quotas; ProFTPD does not.
- ProFTPD will display your bandwidth usage, allowing you to monitor the amount of bandwidth that FTP sessions use.