Scan Outgoing Mail
Last modified: August 28, 2019
You can use the Advanced Editor section of WHM’s Exim Configuration Manager interface (WHM >> Home >> Service Configuration >> Exim Configuration Manager) to configure your mail servers to scan outgoing mail for spam. The outgoing_spam_scan (Scan outgoing messages for spam) feature blocks spam that your users send to your system.
This document describes an unsupported feature that is not guaranteed to work in the future.
- After you perform these steps on a server, it is the system administrator's responsibility to manage and maintain the server's database software.
- We are not responsible for any data loss that an attempt to perform these steps causes.
- We strongly recommend that you set your Apache SpamAssassin™ score with the Apache SpamAssassin™ Options setting in the Basic Editor section of WHM's Exim Configuration Manager interface (WHM >> Home >> Service Configuration >> Exim Configuration Manager).
Scan outgoing mail with Apache SpamAssassin
To scan outgoing mail with Apache SpamAssassin, perform the following steps:
- Selet the outgoing_spam_scan checkbox to enable the feature. The box will expand to show information about the spam scan process.
- Click Save.
If your system administrator has enabled one of the following settings in WHM's Exim Configuration Manager interface (WHM >> Home >> Service Configuration >> Exim Configuration Manager), Apache SpamAssassin scans messages that your system will forward to remote email addresses:
- Do not forward to external recipients if it matches the Apache SpamAssassin™ internal spam_score setting.
- Do not forward mail to external recipients based on the defined Apache SpamAssassin score.