cPanel & WHM version 112 for AlmaLinux OS 9 and Rocky Linux 9
Last modified: August 3, 2023
This document details information for cPanel & WHM’s experimental software release for the AlmaLinux OS 9 and Rocky Linux™ 9 operating systems. cPanel & WHM version 112 and later are available for use on servers running these operating systems.
We only support AlmaLinux 9 and RockyLinux 9 as experimental operating systems for cPanel & WHM version 112.
- We do not recommend using these operating systems in production environments. If you use AlmaLinux 9 or RockyLinux 9 in a production environment, you may encounter unexpected errors.
- Do not attempt to install an older version of cPanel & WHM on these operating systems.
We’ve written this document for advanced WHM users who are familiar with installing these operating systems in their servers. For more information, read our Installation Guide documentation.
We tested cPanel & WHM version 112 in the following environments:
Changes that impact functionality
These are the biggest changes in AlmaLinux 9 and Rocky Linux 9 that affect functionality in cPanel & WHM version 112 and later:
- AlmaLinux 9 and Rocky Linux 9 may support different MySQL and MariaDB versions than different operating system versions.
- AlmaLinux 9 and Rocky Linux 9 do not support EasyApache 4 PHP versions older than PHP 8.0. For more information, read the PHP versions section of our Introduction to PHP documentation.
- Since Python 2 has reached its end of life, we only support Python 3 on AlmaLinux 9 and Rocky Linux 9 servers. For more information, read our How to Use Python on AlmaLinux, Rocky Linux, and Ubuntu documentation.
- AlmaLinux 9 and Rocky Linux 9 use the Network Manager service. You do not need to disable Network Manager on these systems.