cPanel & WHM version 116 for CloudLinux 9
Last modified: October 13, 2023
In cPanel & WHM version 116, we added experimental support for the CloudLinux™ 9 operating system.
- We only support CloudLinux 9 as an experimental operating system for cPanel & WHM version 116.
- We do not recommend using this operating system in production environments. You may encounter unexpected errors if you use CloudLinux 9 in a production environment.
- Do not attempt to install an older version of cPanel & WHM on this operating system.
We’ve written this document for advanced WHM users who are familiar with installing this operating system on their servers. For more information, read our Installation Guide documentation.
We tested cPanel & WHM version 116 in the CloudLinux 9 environment.
Changes that impact functionality
These are the biggest changes in CloudLinux 9 that affect functionality in cPanel & WHM version 116:
- CloudLinux 9 may support different MySQL and MariaDB versions than other operating-system versions.
- CloudLinux 9 does not support EasyApache 4 PHP versions older than PHP 8.0. For more information, read our Introduction to PHP documentation.
- Since Python 2 has reached its end of life, we only support Python 3 on CloudLinux 9 servers. For more information, read our How to Use Python on AlmaLinux, Rocky Linux, Ubuntu, and CloudLinux 9 documentation.
- CloudLinux 9 uses the Network Manager service. You do not need to disable Network Manager on this operating system.