Manage and Pay with Credit Cards
Last modified: June 26, 2019
The Manage and Pay with Credit Cards interface allows you to update an existing credit card, add new credit cards, modify recurring payments, or make an immediate payment.
- When you add a new credit card, Manage2 does not automatically initiate a card payment or configure automatic payments.
- Changes to your credit card configuration only take effect during the next monthly billing cycle.
- If you make changes to your credit card configuration after your monthly billing cycle date, you must initiate a one time payment.
Add a new card
To add a new credit card, click Add a New Card and enter the following information:
Card Name — The name for the new credit card. Use a name that allows you to easily identify the card.
Cardholder Name — The name of the cardholder, as it appears on the credit card.Warning:Do not enter the company’s name unless it also appears as the billing name on the credit card.
Card Number — The credit card’s number.
Expiration Date — The month and year of the credit card’s expiration date.
Billing Address — The card’s registered billing address. Manage2 uses your company billing address for each credit card by default.Note:To modify the billing address for the new card, click Update Address and enter the information in the provided fields.
After you enter the new card information, click Add Card.
Update or delete a card
To update a card’s expiration date, billing address, or to delete the card, perform the following steps:
Click Manage Card under the card’s expiration date.
Perform one of the following actions:
- To update the expiration date, select a new date from the menus.
To delete the card, click Delete Card.Note:Manage2 will ask you to confirm that you want to delete the card before you can continue.
To update the billing address, click Update Address.
Click Save Changes.
Make an immediate payment
After you add a credit card to your account, perform the following steps to make a one-time payment:
Click Make Immediate Payment.
In the text box, enter the amount that you wish to pay.Important:Manage2 automatically enters the full amount due by default.
If the listed billing address is incorrect, click on the Update Address link to update the address before you make a payment.
Click Submit Payment.
Setup an automatic recurring payment
To configure an automatic payment, perform the following steps:
Click Add New under the Make Immediate Payment button.
Select the options for your new recurring payment with the following menus:
When — Select the number of days before an invoice is due that you want the payment to occur from the menu.Note:We recommend that you select 3 days before the invoice due date. This allows you additional time to make a payment if the card does not process successfully.
What — Select the type of charges that you want the payment to cover from the menu:
- All Charges — This includes the total balance due.
- Current Charges — This only includes the monthly service invoice and any other charges made since the last monthly service invoice.
- Past Due Charges — This only includes charges that are past due.
Condition — Select what condition that will trigger the automatic payment to occur from the menu:
- monthly invoice is due
- any invoice is due
Important:The any invoice is due option activates the automatic payment even when reactivation fees or yearly licenses are due.
How Much — Select the percentage of the invoice that you want to pay from the menu.
Card Order — Specify the order in which the system will charge the credit card. A lower number represents a higher priority.Note:
- If the full balance is paid by a card with a lower priority number, then the higher-numbered card will not be charged.
- For example, Manage2 will not make any charges on a card with a priority of 2 if a card with a priority of 1 pays the full balance. If the card with a priority of 1 does not pay the full balance, Manage2 will charge the specified percentage of the amount that remains to the card with a priority of 2.
After you select the options for your new recurring payment, click Add Recurring Payment.
After you add a recurring payment you can view the payment schedule of the card with the Show option. This displays the payment options, the next scheduled charge date, the invoice amount, and the option to modify or delete the recurring payment.