Last modified: September 2, 2021
Webmail clients provide access to your Webmail email account. They also may include features like calendars and other webmail services. You can change your webmail client in the Webmail interface.
cPanel & WHM ships with the Roundcube and Horde webmail clients. Roundcube is currently cPanel & WHM’s default webmail client. For help choosing between Roundcube and Horde, read our Roundcube and Horde Feature Comparison documentation.
Use the Roundcube webmail client to sort, view, and send email. It’s useful if you need a friendly-to-use interface with a few additional features. Roundcube includes mobile email access.
Select the Open my inbox when I log in checkbox in the Webmail interface to automatically open Roundcube when you log in to Webmail.
- Website — Roundcube Webmail Project
- Interface type — Three-pane format with view pane.
- Composition features — Attachments, HTML composition, spell check.
- Organization features — Drag-and-drop organization, folder manipulation, message flags, search mail, threaded conversation view, email archiving.
- Additional features — Address book, calendar, sender identities, system administrators can use plugins to add custom features.
Use the Horde webmail client to sort, view, and send email. This webmail client is useful for users who need a full set of features. It includes, for example, mobile email access and advanced productivity tools.
To automatically open your Horde inbox when you log in to Webmail, perform the following steps:
- Select Horde from the Change your webmail client section in the Webmail interface.
- After the Horde logo appears in the Open your inbox section, select the Open my inbox when I log in checkbox.
- Click Open.
- Website — The Horde Project
- Interface type — Three-pane format with view pane, mobile interface available
- Composition features — Attachments, HTML composition, spell check
- Organization features — Folder manipulation, mail filters, message flags, search mail, threaded conversation view
- Additional features — Address book, calendar, task list, event reminders, news feed, notes
Roundcube and Horde Feature Comparison
The information below offers new Webmail users a brief overview of the features available in Roundcube and Horde, cPanel & WHM’s supported third-party webmail clients.
For a full list of features, visit each application’s website.
|Application website||The Horde Project||Roundcube Webmail Project|
|Interface type||Three-pane format with view pane. A mobile interface is also available.||Three-pane format with view pane.|
|Recommended for||Users who need a full suite of features that includes mobile email access and advanced productivity tools.||Users who need a user-friendly web interface with some additional features available.|
Use other third-party clients by using the Mail Client Manual Settings. To automatically open your third-party client when you log in to Webmail, perform the following steps:
- Select Configure Mail Client from the Other Webmail Features section in the Webmail interface.
- Check for an automatic configuration script in the Mail Client Automatic Configuration Scripts section. Currently, cPanel provides automatic configuration scripts for the following applications:
- iOS for iPhone/iPad/iPod
- MacOS Mail®
- Windows Live Mail®
- If an automatic configuration script is available, click your selected security protocol to proceed.
- If your intended webmail client does not come with an automatic configuration script, proceed to the Mail Client Manual Settings interface and use the secure SSL/TLS settings to add the client. Alternatively, you may email the configuration information for your webmail client to yourself using the Email Instructions text box.