Last modified: May 25, 2023
Webmail allows you to access your email account through any browser or mobile device.
To log in to Webmail, you can use either of the following methods:
- Navigate to
https://example.com:2096in your browser. In this example, replace
example.comwith your email address’s domain. For more information about logging in to your account, read our How to Log in to Your Server or Account documentation.
- Navigate to cPanel’s Email Accounts interface (cPanel » Home » Email » Email Accounts). Then, locate the email account in the table and click Check Email. The Webmail interface will open in a new browser tab.
After you first log in, the Webmail interface will appear.
The Webmail interface
The Webmail interface allows you to manage your Webmail settings.
Manage Disk usage
Your current disk usage appears in the navigation bar. To navigate to Webmail’s Manage Disk Usage interface, click your current disk usage value. You can use this interface to ensure that you do not exceed your disk quota.
The email address for the Webmail account appears in the navigation bar. To access the User Preferences menu, click your email address. You can use this interface set a default interface when you log in to Webmail. For example, click the star icon () for the option in the menu. Webmail will automatically display the interface when you log in.
Open your inbox
This section allows you to open your Webmail client’s inbox. Click Open to open the inbox of the selected mail client. To open your Inbox every time that you log in to Webmail, select the Open my inbox when I log in checkbox.
Change your webmail client
If your webmail provider offers more than one webmail client, you may change your webmail client in this section. cPanel & WHM ships with the Roundcube webmail client.
This section only appears if your provider has installed more than one webmail client.
- If you are in the Roundcube interface, click cPanel Webmail Home. The Webmail interface will appear.
- In the Change your webmail client section, click the Roundcube logo or text description. Your selected client logo or text description will appear in the Open your inbox section.
- If you do not want to use a webmail client, you can use a third-party web-based client like Gmail™ or Yahoo!® Mail to connect to your mailbox using the Mail Client Manual Settings interface.
Set up email on your device
This section allows you to set up your Webmail account on any electronic device with email apps. To send an email with setup instructions, perform the following steps:
- Select your device from the Select the device you will use: menu.
- Enter your email address in the Enter an email address that you can access from your device: text box.
- Select which configuration to set up in your device from the Select the configurations that you would like to set up: checkboxes. The system selects all three settings by default.
- Click Send to email the setup instructions to that address.
You can also configure your device from a mail configuration script, which automatically sets up your email. To access these scripts, click Automatically configure my device in this section.
The General Information section displays the following information:
- Your email account username.
- The Universally Unique Identifier (UUID) associated with your email account. If you log in with your system user email account, the UUID associated with your cPanel user account appears in this section. For more information, read our cPanel Analytics documentation.
To log out of the Webmail interface, click Logout in the navigation bar.
Additional webmail functions
The Webmail interface includes additional functions that help you customize your webmail experience. You will find these options below the Change your webmail client section. You can also access these features from the User Preferences menu.
Manage Your Inbox
This section includes features that help you manage your email.
- Email Filters
For more information, read our Manage Your Inbox in Webmail documentation.
Edit Your Settings
This section in the Webmail interface includes features that edit your settings.
- Account Preferences
- Configure Calendars and Contacts Client
- Contact Information
- Password and Security
For more information, read our Edit Your Settings in Webmail documentation.
This section includes features that help you manage and protect your inbox from spam.
- Spam Filters
For more information, read our Fight Spam in Webmail documentation.
Other Webmail Features
The features in this section perform different actions in Webmail:
- Configure Mail Client
- Manage Disk Usage
- Mailing Lists
- Track Delivery
For more information, read our Other Webmail Features documentation.