Install Distro Packages
Valid for versions 102 through the latest version
Last modified: November 30, 2022
RPM® (RPM Package Manager) refers to a software format, the software that the package contains, and the package-management system.
- Your cPanel & WHM server includes several pre-installed packages and the ability to install more. However, this interface allows you to install a package for the operating-system distribution, rather than the cPanel-provided packages.
- To troubleshoot any RPM installation failures that may occur, follow the steps in our RPM Installation Failures documentation.
- For more information about RPMs, visit the RPM website.
- The interface requires several seconds to load due to the packages that reside on your server.
- This interface only allows you to install packages that currently reside in your system’s repositories. You cannot install packages from a third-party repository.
Install a distribution package
To install a package, perform the following steps:
- In the Provide a partial package name text box, enter the package’s name that you wish to install.
- Click Search.
- In the search results table, click Install for the package you wish to install.
The interface will display the installation process.