Ruby Gem Installer
Valid for versions 82 through the latest version
Last modified: September 29, 2020
We deprecated this interface in cPanel & WHM version 66. To create a Ruby application in cPanel & WHM version 66 and later, perform the following steps:
Install Ruby via the following EasyApache 4 RPMs:
Create a Ruby application on your server. For an example of how to do this, read our How to Create Ruby Web Applications documentation.
Use cPanel’s Application Manager interface (cPanel >> Home >> Software >> Application Manager) to register the application.
Gems are Ruby programs and libraries that Ruby developers distribute in easy-to-install packages.
This section of the Module Installers interface allows you to manage Ruby gems from the RubyGems.org repository. To manage installed and available Ruby gems, click Manage next to Ruby Gem.
Ruby Gems Magic User Loader
This feature allows users to install Ruby gems to your server in order to integrate them into scripts.
To enable this option, click Enable. To disable this option, click Disable.
Users do not need to specify a separate path to the gems that they install through the Ruby Gems Magic User Loader interface.
Ruby Gem Installer
This WHM feature allows you to download and install Ruby gems. The interface allows you to search the RubyGems.org central repository. The interface will list Ruby gems that match your search criteria, which allows you to click any of the relevant search results to download and install the gem.
To search for and install a Ruby gem, perform the following steps:
- Enter your search criteria into the Search text box.
- To view a list of Ruby gems that are available from RubyGems.org, click Show Available Ruby Gem(s).
- If you know the exact name of the gem that you wish to install, enter its name in the Install a Ruby Gem text box and click Install Now.
- Click Go.
- The interface will display the Name, Version, Description, and any Actions you may perform.
- To download and automatically install a gem, click the Install link next to the gem.
- To view a gem’s documentation, click the Show Docs link next to the gem.
- If you did not find the desired gem, refine your search in the Search text box and click Go.
Installed Ruby Gem(s)
The Installed Ruby Gem(s) table lists all gems that exist on your server.
The Table displays the Name and Version of each gem, as well as the following Actions:
- Click Update to update the gem.
- Click Reinstall to reinstall the gem from RubyGems.org.
- Click Uninstall to delete the gem from your server.
- Click Show Docs to review the gem’s documentation.