Valid for versions 82 through the latest version
Last modified: August 15, 2023
We deprecated this interface in cPanel & WHM version 66.
RubyGems is a package manager for the Ruby programming language. It provides a self-contained format in which developers can distribute Ruby programs and libraries.
For more information on RubyGems, read the RubyGems documentation.
Ruby Gem Installer
To create a Ruby application, perform the following steps:
- Ask your hosting provider to install Ruby on your system via the following EasyApache 4 packages:
- Create a Ruby application on your server. For an example of how to do this, read our How to Create Ruby Web Applications documentation.
- Use cPanel’s Application Manager interface (cPanel » Home » Software » Application Manager) to register the application.
Installed Ruby Gems
The Installed Ruby Gem(s) table lists all of the Ruby Gems that exist on your server.
For each installed Ruby Gem, the table displays the following information:
- Module Name — The Ruby Gem’s name.
- Version — The Ruby Gem’s version number.
- Actions — You can perform the following actions for each Ruby Gem:
- Update — Update the Ruby Gem.
- Reinstall — Reinstall the Ruby Gem.
- Uninstall — Remove the Ruby Gem from your server.
- Show Docs — Read the Ruby Gem’s documentation.