Edit Your Settings in Webmail v84
Valid for versions 84 through the latest version
This section in the Webmail interface has features that edit your settings.
Use this interface to modify your Webmail account settings.
In the Automatically Create Folders for Plus Addressing section, you can decide how the server manages messages that use plus addressing. Select one of the following options:
- Automatically Create Folders — The server creates a new folder.
- Do Not Automatically Create Folders — The server does not create a new folder.
- The server moves a message that uses plus addressing to a designated folder if the folder exists. For example, the system would place a message to
- If the folder does not exist, or if you select Do Not Automatically Create Folders, the server will deliver the message to the INBOX folder.
Configure Calendars and Contacts Client
Use this interface to get the information you need to set up your calendar and your contacts. You can access your calendars and contacts on a mobile device.
To do this, configure your mobile email client (for example, iOS® Mail®). Connect to CalDAV for calendars, or connect to CardDAV for contacts.
For more information, read our How to Set Up Calendars and Contacts documentation.
Use this interface to store contact information for your Webmail account. You can also set your contact preferences.
You can select the following settings in the Contact Preferences section of the interface:
Someone logs in to my account. — This setting notifies you when someone logs in to your account. It is useful if you suspect that someone else has your account password.Note:
- In order to use this setting, your hosting provider must enable cPHulk.
- To resolve this issue, change your account password to a more secure password.
- The system only sends a single notice in each 24-hour window for a specific username, service, and IP address combination.
- The system won't send notices if you log in successfully from a location from which you successfully logged in before. To enable these notices, select the Send login notifications, even when the user logs in from an IP address range or netblock that contains an IP address from which a user successfully logged in previously. checkbox.
Send login notifications, even when the user logs in from an IP address range or netblock that contains an IP address from which a user successfully logged in previously. — This setting notifies you whenever someone logs in to your account. This sends notifications for logins from any IP address.
My preference for successful login notifications is disabled. — This setting notifies you if someone disabled the Someone logs in to my account setting.
Password and Security
If you use a default Webmail account, you will not see this feature in the Webmail interface. You can access this feature from your cPanel interface.
Use this interface to update your account’s password. A strong password helps you to secure your Webmail account.
Change your password
To change your password, enter the desired information and click Save, or use the Password Generator feature.
You must enable Digest Authentication if you use Windows® Vista, Windows® 7, Windows® 8, or Windows® 10 and you access Web Disk over a clear text, unencrypted connection.
Create a strong password
To ensure your account’s security, make certain to create a strong password:
- Use a different password for each of your important accounts (for example, your email accounts).
- Use a combination of letters, numbers, and symbols in your password.
The Password Generator feature generates secure passwords, which are hard to guess. You can use the Password Generator feature in any interface that displays it.
When you click Password Generator, a new interface appears that contains a generated password in a text box. Click Generate Password until it generates a satisfactory password.
Configure security requirements
To set the security requirements of the new password, perform the following steps:
- Click Advanced Options.
- Enter the desired length of the password in the Length text box.
- Select whether to include uppercase letters, lowercase letters, numbers, or symbols.
- Copy the password in a safe place and select the I have copied this password in a safe place checkbox at the bottom of the interface.
- Click Use Password to use the generated password. To reject the password and close the Password Generator interface, click Cancel.
You will see this section if your hosting provider enables External Authentication for your account.
Your hosting provider may let you access Webmail with External Authentication credentials. For example, you could use cPanelID, WHMCS, Google® Accounts, Facebook®, or your hosting provider’s portal. If you do this, you don’t have to remember as many passwords. The External Authentication tab lists the credentials for OpenID Connect-compliant identity providers that you can use to log in to Webmail. You can also use this section of the Password and Security interface to link new credentials or unlink existing credentials.
- You can only view External Authentication methods if they are available.
- Most identity providers let you register during this process. Your cPanelID uses the same login as the store, the ticket system, and the billing system. If you do not already use a cPanelID, you can register for one during the authentication process.
- You can link one or more external accounts to one or more Webmail accounts.
- Some identity providers use two-factor authentication (2FA). You must log in through them and use 2FA.
Link your account
To link your account with a provider:
- Select the External Authentication tab.
- Click Link Account next to the name of the appropriate identity provider. A new login interface will appear for that identity provider.
- Enter the requested login credentials. If you’re logged in to that provider, the Password and Security interface skips this step.
- Confirm linking your account with the provider.
- Confirm that you wish to link your Webmail account to the provider’s authentication credentials.
Unlink your account
To unlink your account, click Unlink Account for the appropriate account. A new interface will appear to confirm unlinking your account.