Last modified: January 30, 2024
Use the Add License interface to add licenses to your account or renew existing licenses.
- When you add or renew licenses:
- Manage2 does not create an invoice until billing runs on the 15th day of the month. The Account History interface (Dashboard » Billing » Account History) will display invoice information after billing runs.
- Manage2 activates licenses immediately unless they are 360 Monitoring, koality, Sitejet Studio, or XOVI NOW licenses.
- You must activate 360 Monitoring, koality, Sitejet Studio, and XOVI NOW licenses manually using the displayed activation code and activation link (see below).
- 360 Monitoring, koality, Sitejet Studio, and XOVI NOW licenses do not support reactivation.
Add a license
To add or renew a license, perform the following steps:
- For licenses that use an associated IP address, enter the desired IPv4 addresses in the IP(s) text box, with one IP address per line.
- If you enter multiple IP addresses, the licenses will use the same package.
- To renew existing licenses, enter the current IP addresses for those licenses.
- From the Group menu, select the license’s new group.
- Click show all groups to view all of your Manage2 account’s groups.
- Click limit groups to return to the original menu of groups.
- From the Package menu, select the license’s package.
- If you select a cPanel & WHM license package, the License Features options will appear. Always set both of these deprecated options to the Use Default (Yes) setting.
- If you select a WP Toolkit package, the Accounts text box will appear. You must enter at least
20, and the number of accounts must be a multiple of 10.
- If you select a 360 Monitoring package, the Site Monitors and Server Monitors text boxes will appear. Select or enter the number of site and server monitors to include with the 360 Monitoring license. For more information, see our How to Purchase a 360 Monitoring License documentation.
- If you select a koality package, the Projects text box will appear. Select or enter the number of koality projects to include with the koality license. You must enter the number of projects in the correct increments for your selected koality package. For more information, see our How to Purchase a koality License documentation.
- If you select a Sitejet Studio package, the Self-Hosted Sites and Hosted Sites text boxes will appear. Select or enter the number of each type of site to include with the Sitejet Studio license. For more information, see our How to Purchase a Sitejet Studio License documentation.
- Manage2 will display the license’s price and product type in the Price and Product sections.
- Optionally, in the External Notes text box, enter any notes for the license.
- You can view external notes for a license by downloading the comma-separated values (CSV) file from the List Active Licenses interface (Dashboard » Licenses » List Active Licenses).
- You cannot enter more than 64 characters.
- Read the disclaimer about internal and external licenses.
Note:External licenses are only available to cPanel distributors.
- Click Add License.
- Manage2 will display the license’s ID number, associated IPv4 addresses, group, and the eventual invoice amount.
- If you selected a 360 Monitoring, koality, Sitejet Studio, or XOVI NOW license, it will also display an activation code and activation link, and you will receive an email containing the activation code.
- For 360 Monitoring, koality, Sitejet Studio, or XOVI NOW licenses, activate the license using the displayed activation code and activation link.
Important:You must use the activation code and link to activate 360 Monitoring, koality, Sitejet Studio, and XOVI NOW licenses manually. For more information, see our How to Purchase a 360 Monitoring License, How to Purchase a koality License, How to Purchase a Sitejet Studio License, or How to Purchase a XOVI NOW License documentation.
- To make changes to or view details for the new license, click View/Modify to navigate to the Modify a License interface (Dashboard » Billing » Modify a License).
- To modify the groups and packages that appear for users in the Groups and Packages menus, use the Update My Information interface (Dashboard » Users » Update My Information).
When you click Add License, you may see the following message:
The account volume on this license exceeds the package maximum.
This message indicates that the selected package already has the maximum number of users.