Market Provider Manager
Valid for versions 82 through the latest version
Last modified: August 19, 2022
The Market Provider Manager interface allows you to manage products that your users may purchase through the cPanel interface. These include products from the cPanel Store and any configured third-party vendors. For more information about how to create your own provider modules, read our you can use our WHM API 1 set_market_provider_commission_id documentation.
cPanel’s SSL/TLS Wizard interface (cPanel >> Home >> Security >> SSL/TLS Wizard) displays the SSL products available through providers in the cPanel Market.
To collect any commissions from a cPanel Market provider that supports commissions, server administrators must perform the following actions:
Click the Providers tab to list available providers and a set of actions for each provider.
- To allow your users to purchase certificates or other products through a provider, set the toggle for that provider to Enabled.
- To remove a provider from this list, set the toggle for that provider to Disabled.
If you disable an SSL provider, any certificates that the customer purchased from that provider will stay active on their servers.
If the customer wishes to purchase new certificates from a provider that you have disabled, they need to purchase the certificates directly from the provider and install them manually.
As an alternative to using the Market Provider Manager interface, you can use our WHM API 1 enable_market_provider API and our WHM API 1 disable_market_provider API to add or remove a provider from the list of providers to which your customers have access.
Click the Products tab to list all products available through enabled cPanel Market providers.
To flag a product as Recommended, click the star () icon. To remove the recommendation, click an active star () icon.
You may only select one product in each category as Recommended. For more information on product categories, read our WHM API 1 get_market_providers_product_metadata API documentation.
To allow your users to purchase a product, set the product’s Status toggle to Enabled. To disable the product, set the product’s Status toggle to Disabled.
To manage a product’s price, perform the following steps:
Click the appropriate edit link.
Use the controls to set the new price.
The interface automatically recalculates and displays the commission amount.
- You may only select prices in multiples of 12 cents for cPanel Store SSL certificates. This is due to the commission system.
- Some SSL certificates are not eligible for wildcard pricing. For more information on SSL wildcard certificates, read our Guide to SSL documentation.
- You can also use our WHM API 1 set_market_product_attribute API to set a product’s price directly.
Server administrators must enter a valid email address as a commission recipient in order to collect sales commissions from a cPanel Market provider that supports commissions.
To manage the recipient of commissions on cPanel Market purchases by users, perform the following steps:
Click the cPanel Store Configuration tab.
Enter the cPanel Store username (an email address) in the text box.
Click Set Commission ID.Note:
- This value defaults to the email address provided in WHM’s Basic WebHost Manager Setup interface (WHM >> Home >> Server Configuration >> Basic WebHost Manager Setup) if you do not provide an email address.
- You can also use our WHM API 1 set_market_product_attribute API to set a product’s commission directly.
To collect your commissions, click the link to the cPanel store and follow the instructions.