Create a Website
Last modified: July 19, 2023
This document explains how to quickly build a website.
The Onboarding Assistant automatically creates a WordPress® website for the new cPanel account if the user selects the WordPress option.
Create a placeholder page with Site Publisher
To set up a placeholder for your account, perform the following steps:
- Navigate to cPanel’s Site Publisher interface (cPanel » Home » Domains » Site Publisher).
- Select the Domain for which you want to create a placeholder page.
The list of domains shown in this interface includes your account’s main domain and subdomains. It does not include parked (or “alias”) domains. For more information on parked domains refer to our glossary of terms.
- Select a site template.
- Enter your site information.
- Click Publish.
For more information, read our Site Publisher documentation.
Create a WordPress website
The WP Toolkit interface allows you to quickly install WordPress and configure it.
To create a website with WordPress®, perform the following steps:
- Navigate to cPanel’s WP Toolkit interface (cPanel » Home » Domains » WP Toolkit). The WP Toolkit interface will appear.
- Click Install WordPress. The Install WordPress sidebar will appear.
- Enter a title for the website.
- WP Toolkit will suggest a username, password, and email address for the administrator account. Make any changes as needed.
- Click Install.
This will install a basic WordPress installation on your site. You can add themes, plugins, and other enhancements through the WP Toolkit interface or the Dashboard interface.
To open the WordPress Dashboard, click Log in.
- For more information about the WP Toolkit, read our WP Toolkit for cPanel documentation.
- For more information about WordPress, go to The Wordpress website.
- For video tutorials about the WP Toolkit, watch our WP Toolkit for cPanel Quick Guide.
Upload your own content
If you have created content outside of Site Builder or WordPress, you may also upload content to the server to create a website. cPanel & WHM offer the below methods to upload your content: